The campaign organisers for Electrical Safety First have asked Rufus and I to warn people about the risk of fire posed by unattended electrical chargers.
Their figures state that 60, 000 people in the UK have lost pets in electrical fires.
With Christmas fast approaching, we thought this a good time to remind humans about the dangers of electrical fires in the home.
The Electrical Safety First Organisation website has lots of handy tips and advice to help you use electricity safely.
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (ROSPA) have some useful tips with particular emphasis on electrical appliances.
Remember that animals can easily chew through or accidentally pull an electrical cable, so please make sure they are out of our reach!
The Electrical Safety First organisation regularly work with the media, electrical industry, government and businesses to spread the word on electrical safety.
Electrical Safety First is the Campaign name of The Electrical Safety Council.